Thursday, May 3, 2007

Movies, Movies, Movies!!

Don't look at me that way after seeing that post title. It's summer , folks and that means:

MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES

Not all of them are good (once again this is summer) so prepare for mindless carefree onslaught of teen charged big budget is there a plot in here somewhere flicks. Or as the execs like to call'em--Tentpoles.

And then theres a few which I think will rise above the rest. These are the ones I'm gearing up for :

SpideyMan III (May 4) --Sam Raimi is on the same par as Peter Jackson in completely understanding his genre and subject he has taken on(plus he has been top notch since Evil Dead anyway.) Raimi squeezes alot out his actors and his crew to ensure it is as best quality as can be expected. And yet his movies are so popcorn flicks at the same time...

Shrek III (May 18) -- This one drops a few notches cause it am gonna hold my breath a little...but the trailer looks decent. I'm sure it will be plenty enjoyable...but we'll see.

Pirates/Caribbean III (May 25) --this movie has got alot going on (per the trailer) so I hoping the spectacle that is being pushed violently at you in it has some good story and character to compliment it otherwise this will have to wait till DVD time...

Knocked Up (June 1) --This one has been tops on alot of people's lists but the jury is still out for me...I like Kaherine Heigl and I think Seth Rogen loks decent plus Judd Apatow did a greabut like alot of comedies that come out recently I just am worried the premise will run out before the movie does. Here's to proving me wrong...

Oceans 13 (June 8) --We'll see if three's the charm for George and his merry band of thieves....though I missed the middle movie apparently I did best by stirring clear of that wreck of a movie. So, I'm expecting though the acting chops of Clooney et al to make up the difference or again it will hit the DVD list...

Evan Almighty (June 22) --This movie is getting some press over the highly inflated budget which could end up killing this one if it doesn't do phenom at the b.o. but I think Steve Carrell is great and much deserves another funny movie.

Live Free or Die Hard (June 27) --Man, this truly is the summer of sequels. The only worry I have for this 4th helping of McClane is the fact that it has been quite awhile since the last installment and that flick wasn't nearly as good as the original but Bruce Willis very well may pull off a new resurgence in the character.

Transformers (July 6th) --I was not one who ever got into this but the trailer looks cool...

The Simpson's Movie (July 27) --D'oh...who wouldnt't have this on their list unless they are strictly art film connessiours (again THIS...IS...SUMMER!!)

Bourne Ultimatum (Aug 3) --Matt Damon has made himself into a formidable action figure through this trilogy and Paul Greengrass, well, he knows a few things about directing this type of film…

A couple honorable mentions--Mr. Brooks, License to Wed, 1408, Rescue Dawn, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Rush Hour 3, Stardust....

I have to agree with
PJ Rodio that Lohan's pic I Know Who Killed Me is gonna tank royally at the b.o...also there was a piece at the MSNBC website wondering if Lohan is missing out on her Oscar because of the papparazzi hounding her (I am not making this up)...

...Lindsay Lohan admits that part of her loves being a paparazzi target — but she wishes the photographers would stop bothering her for a while so that she can win an Oscar....

Go check it out
here. I was wondering why Lindsay was struggling with the whole Oscar thing...

Going to see Spidey tomorrow...

No comments: